I don't think it's a secret that I LOVE being a missionary. But, let me explain myself.
1. THE MEMBERS. The members of the Church that I serve with are absolutely the most wonderful, delightful people you will ever meet. Everyone deserves a chance to come and live in Mesa, Arizona for at least 18 months. These people know what it means to fulfill their callings. They know what it means to be Christlike, they know what is important, and they know how to live the Gospel faithfully, throughout their whole lives. They are all my heroes.
2. THE PEOPLE I "TEACH". Wow. What can I say about the people that I have the opportunity to sit down and share the Gospel with. They are brave and strong, and I have seen some of them change their lives so completely, because they want so badly to be closer to their Savior. They have certainly taught me more than I have taught them. Change is not easy. Conversion is not easy. But, it's not supposed to be. The people that I have taught, and especially those that have been baptized have given up so much, but they only did it because they had faith that God would give them so much more for their sacrifice. I hope to someday have that kind of faith.
3. OBEDIENCE BRINGS BLESSINGS. Guess what, being obedient is fun! Yep, that's what I said. All we have to do to recieve blessings and see miracles is be obedient.Being a missionary has given me a really good opportunity to try my hardest to be obedient, not only to mission rules, but also to the principles of the gospel. A good example of this is scripture study(WHOO-HOO!). Every morning, we have 1 hour of personal study, and 2 hours of companion study. It's the best part of my day! Before my mission, studying in general(school/scriptures) was a hard concept for me to grasp... to say the least. The blessings that I have received from studying from the scriptures every day have been so great! I've recieved answers to my personal concerns, answers for my investigators, and I feel my faith and knowlege grow every day. Those blessings are priceless, and I'm only able to receive them through being obedient. Also, I'm looking forward to being a much better college student, with higher grades :)
4. MY COMPANIONS. My companions have been amazing. They have all been different, and we've had our different struggles, but I have learned from each of them. My current companion, Sister Bickmore is the best. She's brand new to the mission, but she has taught me more about being a missionary than I have taught her. We are together 24/7, but I haven't gotten tired of her. Yet. ;)
5. MY MISSION PRESIDENT & HIS WIFE. President and Sister Jenkins are the most inspiring people I have ever met. They have only been in the mission for about 4 months, but they have been very influential in my life. A few months ago, Elder Cardon of the Seventy came to our mission, and told us that we had one of the best Mission Presidents in the world. I believe him! They both do anything and everything that they can for us. I will use things the things that they have taught me for my whole life.
So, that's why I love my mission. Oh, and Arizona has the most beautiful sunsets in the world. So that's good too :)